Sounds simple, right? But how do YOU write a great book that readers and editors will enjoy? Whether you’re a plotter or a pantser (write by the seat of your pants), Break Into Fiction® is the book that will help you locate – and fix – weak spots (sagging middles, unlikeable characters, slow pacing and more) in your fiction stories. Editing is key to any story, but it starts with the author.
Writing fast means nothing if the final story isn’t sound. What’s the point in having five, ten or fifty mediocre books finished? The sooner you grasp the power points for a story, the faster you’ll be able to build a strong backlist. Now you have a way to improve your writing one easy step at a time.
Written by a New York Times bestseller Dianna Love and USA Today bestseller Mary Buckham, Break Into Fiction® is a workshop-in-a-book and the one resource all writers need to master the art of fiction. This book is based on the popular workshops taught in the US and internationally to all levels of writers and even a double Pulitzer Prize winner.
• Easy-to-understand templates that guide the new writer through building a novel and show more experienced writers how to deepen a plot and take a first draft to the next level much more quickly
• Reference examples from strongly-plotted popular genre films of suspense, classics, children, and romance
• Simple worksheets to build a strong story through Character-Driven™ plotting for any genre
• Troubleshooting tips that reveal how to find and fix holes that weaken the plot
• Insights from best-selling novelists representing a variety of fiction genres
• A bonus dialogue guide that reveals how to make a character come alive through conversation.
Break Into Fiction® is here to help aspiring-to-bestselling authors with a step-by-step guide!Break Into Fiction® is here to help aspiring-to-bestselling authors with a step-by-step guide!You’re considering this because you have questions. Open this book and find answers.